I am partnered with a high-growth start-up that has developed a new type of business phone! For millions of teams working in dozens of industries, day-to-day business gets done on the phone. So why—despite the huge leaps we've taken in design and usability—does most business phone software still look, feel, and act like it was born in the 90s?
Our client is changing that. They’re the modern, sophisticated answer to the clunky, outdated phone systems that have been slowing down businesses for years. And after earning 20,000 happy customers and 52M in funding in just four years, it's safe to say they’re onto something big.
Their team is curious, ambitious, and dedicated to their crafts. Their high trust with a strong bias for action. If you're looking for a place to do your life's work, get in touch..
At this unique company, they’re looking for talented Engineers to join their core engineering team. You'll help develop and scale a world class application that's re-imagining the modern day business phone. Your responsibilities will include thinking through the customer journey and advocating for product enhancements and optimizations while working with technologies like: React.js, Node.js, & Typescript.
Their company mission is to help people communicate better and be more productively. They're serving thousands of businesses globally, are growing quickly, and looking for product-focused Senior Backend Engineers to join their team.
If you're looking for a challenge and want to see the impact of your work, this is the right opportunity for you.
Things you’ll do
- Create new backend services and APIs to support new features in the product
- Build, document and maintain tests, features and infrastructure
- Communicate and document architectural designs and requirements
- Help interview and recruit more talented engineers to OpenPhone
Tech stack you'll use
- Their backend is built on Node using Typescript.
- They use Kubernetes to orchestrate our infrastructure setup and deployment.
- The overall architecture is event-driven micro-services with RabbitMQ at the center of it.
- They use a variety of databases for different purposes: Postrges, Mongo, Elastic, and Redis.