Leading Fintech firm nominated as one of Crain’s 50 fastest growing companies in New York is looking for a Sr Data Analyst to join their Risk Analytics and Data Science team. This will be a Hybrid work environment and can be located in NYC, CT or Michigan.
• Performing exploratory data analyses, generating, and testing working hypotheses, preparing, and analyzing historical data and identifying patterns to drive revenue and cost savings.
• Employ historical data/insights to make informed estimates in helping determine the direction of future trends for the business.
• Effectively lead/manage multiple assignments with challenging timelines within a collaborative environment.
• Effectively guide 1 to 2 domestic and/or off-shore individual contributors.
• Keep up with the latest trends in advanced analytics.
• Explore and test additional/new data sources that may add value.
• BS in a quantitative field such as computer science, statistics, or physics.
• 3+ years of experience as a data analyst/scientist in industry.
• Strong experience using Python and SQL
• Strong analytical, critical thinking, and creative problem-solving skills.
• Flexible and productive in a hybrid remote/in-office arrangement.