My client is a global healthcare giant with a market cap of over $70bn. During these current uncertain times in a health crisis, they are ramping up hiring in their data team to provide support to the US healthcare system.
I need a number of Senior and Lead DATA ENGINEERS to join their Soho and NYC offices.
What You'll Do:
- Manage the successful delivery of large scale data structures, pipelines and efficient Extract/Load/Transform (ETL) workflows
- Act as the data engineering team lead for large and complex projects involving multiple resources and tasks, providing individual mentoring in support of company objectives
- Design and develop complex and large scale data structures and pipelines to organize, collect and standardize data to generate insights and addresses reporting needs
- Write complex ETL (Extract / Transform / Load) processes, design database systems and develops tools for real-time and offline analytic processing
- Develop frameworks, standards & reference material for architecture and associated products.
- Design data marts and data models to support Data Science and other internal customers
- Collaborate with the data science team to transform data and integrate algorithms and models into highly available, production systems
- Use in-depth knowledge of Hadoop architecture, HDFS commands and experience designing & optimizing queries to build scalable, modular, and efficient data pipelines
- Use advanced programming skills in Python, Java or any of the major languages to build robust data pipelines and dynamic systems
- Integrate data from a variety of sources, assuring that they adhere to data quality and accessibility standards
- Experiment with available tools and advise on new tools in order to determine the optimal solution given the requirements dictated by the model/use case
What You'll Bring:
- 7 or more years' progressively complex related experience
- Strong collaboration and communication skills within and across teams
- Ability to communicate technical ideas and results to non-technical clients in written and verbal form
- Proven ability to create innovative solutions to highly complex technical problems
- Ability to leverage multiple tools and programming languages to analyze and manipulate large data sets from disparate data sources.
- Ability to understand and build complex systems and solve challenging analytical problems.
- Advanced knowledge in Python, Hive, Cassandra, Pig, MySQL or NoSQL or similar
- Advanced knowledge in Hadoop architecture, HDFS commands and experience designing & optimizing queries against data in the HDFS environment
- Experience building and implementing data transformation and processing solutions. Has in-depth knowledge of large scale search applications and building high volume data pipelines
- Experience with bash, shell scripts, UNIX utilities & UNIX Commands.
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. - Computer Science, Engineering, Machine Learning, or related discipline
- Market competitive
- Strong cash bonus
- Fantastic benefits
Visa transfers are available - All work will be on-site in office (once the offices reopen, of course)