A next generation financial technology company focused on serving the $3.7 trillion U.S. commercial real estate market are looking for a Senior Data Engineer.
- Develop refine and scale data management and analytics procedures, systems, workflows, best practices and other issues.
- Be a crucial part of the development of data-driven products.
- Visualize and communicate data clearly for use both internally and externally
- Collaborate with oengineers to produce excellent products for clients as well as streamline internal processes
- An entrepreneurial spirit as well as passion for solving difficult challenges through innovation and creativity, with a strong focus on results.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline.
- 4+ years-experience in developing large scale distributed software systems. Experience with scraping social media, using social media APIS.
- Data cleansing, curation, parsing, integration, semantic mapping, and editing. High level language proficiency in Java, prefer also Scala.
- Strong knowledge of Linux / UNIX systems.
- Conscientious and well organized. Eager to produce results and drive forward progress while managing deadlines.
- Knowledge of machine learning concepts and NLP techniques.
- Experience in working with big data technologies Spark, MapReduce, NoSQL.
- Experience in AWS infrastructure.
- Understanding of statistics.
- Experience with finance technology/analytics and real estate.
- Early equity in a startup that is revolutionizing commercial real estate lending.
- Competitive package of base pay and stock options.
- Generous health, dental and vision coverage for employees and family members, along with commuter pre-tax program.
- Unlimited vacation policy.
- Opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the disruption of an industry and to shape the building of a company and culture.
- Chance for your direct input to be realized and put into action.
- Freedom to stretch the boundaries of your past work experience, learn skills outside of your immediate job description and grow your career.
- Autonomy, flexibility and a flat corporate structure.