An opportunity to join one of the US’s Leading healthcare firms at the heart of the current challenges we face.
Note* interviews, onboarding, and initial period will be remote until things settle.
Are you passionate about data and helping patients improve their health?
Your work here directly informs the decision making regarding the employee health plan benefit designs and related programs.
As a key member of the analytics group, you will:
- Act as a strategic partner and analytic product owner to the Health and Wellness Benefits business partners to translate business questions to analytic projects leading to actionable intelligence.
- Understand the key drivers of business value and incorporate that knowledge into the design of analytic solutions
- Develop analytic solutions and recommendations to help drive decisions to optimize health and benefit designs.
- Monitor both pharmacy and medical cost and utilization trends to identify opportunities to better manage costs and improve health outcomes, including completing ongoing trend management reviews and making recommendations to manage pharmacy and overall medical spend
- Develop risk profiles of benefit plan participants to target prevention and wellness programs
- Design evaluations to test the effectiveness of improved network arrangements, plan designs, and wellness initiatives.
- Perform data management and analysis using advanced data processing and management tools.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Translating business problems into analytic questions and designing solutions by selecting appropriate analytic techniques, ranging from descriptive to advanced modeling and machine learning
- Constructing and manipulating large electronic claims datasets (medical and pharmacy, and other potential data sources) using R, Python, SAS and/or SQL;
- Developing study designs to assess program performance based on business partners’ needs and timelines using available data, including medical/pharmacy claims, beneficiary health risk assessment (HRA) data, benefits eligibility data, and other vendor data;
- Identify population segments to assess medication adherence, and medical care and quality outcomes using standard industry metrics and performance benchmarks;
- Managing multiple projects related to a wide variety of business needs;
- Responding to ad-hoc business partner data requests within set timelines;
- Collaborating with key internal and external stakeholders to gather and analyze needs and requirements, including collaboration with a data vendor to analyze large analytic datasets and effectively utilize the vendor-provided tools and assets;
- Presenting analytic findings in a variety of formats (Tableau dashboards, excel workbooks, PPT, graphs, figures, and tables), formulating recommendations based on analytic findings, and effectively presenting the results to non-analytic audiences.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
- 7 years of demonstrated analytic experience using electronic medical administrative claims data
- Experience with and demonstrated proficiency in R, Python, SAS and/or SQL for data access, manipulation, and analysis using large datasets;
- Experience in analysis of health services utilization patterns including defining healthcare cost and utilization outcomes (i.e. hospital readmissions, emergency room utilization, etc.), analysis population selection and matching criteria, confounding adjustment techniques, and statistical methodology (e.g., linear and non-linear regression, longitudinal repeated measures).
- Knowledge of advanced analytic tools and approaches to analyze data from multiple data sources
- Data visualization proficiency with Tableau or similar
- Broad understanding of the healthcare insurance marketplace and industry trends, including federal programs related to value-based care;
- Excellent problem-solving skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to interact with, and influence decision-making by non-analytical business audiences and executive-level leaders.
- Background in public health studies preferred
What's on offer?
Very competitive package and growth opportunities.