A growing education client based in New York are expanding their engineers team and are seeking their first Data Scientist to join.
At present they have an incredible amount of data that they are using not only to improve the product, but to give better advice to businesses and students on how to be the perfect candidate,
You'll be given complete ownership over our data, and your job will be to ask and answer the right questions to help drive company's growth and deliver better results to both students and employers.
- Assuming ownership over data analysis and data analytics for the company
- Deciding the right metrics to track
- Conducting cohort and segmentation analyses to help us learn what works best
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum 3 years experience in a data science or data analytics role on a product. You already have strong opinions on which analytics tools are the best to use and why. You know what user events we should be tracking and which ones we can discard
- Data driven - You're in love with data and always go by the numbers
- Programming - Good knowledge of data-related programming tools, particularly SQL
- Visualization - Comfort with one or more data visualization/dashboarding tools, such as Periscope, analytics tools, Tableau, etc.
- Growth mindset - You love optimization, and you know that you're doing well only when you're seeing those numbers go up!
Great to have:
- Experience with Python and/or Elasticsearch
- ETL experience, or experience with technologies like Hadoop or Hive
- Experience with and interest in natural language processing for text analysis