Intelletec has teamed up with a fast-growing Bay Area company seeking a Senior Data Scientist to join their team.
About the company:
A fast-growing company that's changing the way companies gather information. They analyze billions of consumer purchases to deliver unprecedented insight into public and private companies. Although in early stages they already have Millions of Dollars of revenue annually from customers.
About the Role:
As a key member of the Data team, you’ll get in on the ground floor and help architect a brand-new platform powered by the latest big data technologies. Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high-quality prediction systems integrated with their products.You’ll own your work and create far-reaching impact!
Data is the core product. As a data scientist, you’ll work on a multi-disciplinary team to process, analyze, and leverage the massive behavioral datasets that power our business.
In a given week, you might:
- Evaluate a GB-, TB-, or PB-scale dataset from first principles
- Discover a new bias, measure its impact, then develop a method of correction
- Perform novel research on consumer behavior
- You have an advanced degree in a quantitative discipline and/or years of experience as a data scientist
- You have deep expertise in applied statistics and/or machine learning
- You’re proficient in Python, R and/or SQL
Bonus points for:
- Expertise in panel data, behavioral analysis, text processing, geolocation, and/or time series analysis
- Experience in large-scale, data-rich environments
- Spark, Jupyter, Redshift/Hive, Athena/Presto, GPUs/TPUs, deep learning