Intelletec have partnered with a Data driven luxury retail platform HQ'd in London that are growing their NYC team. They have gone from 500 global employees to circa 2000 people in recent years.
They rely heavily on insights gained from data to guide feature development and on metrics to detect new areas of improvement. This position will contribute to the engineering of the next-generation data science products and interfaces that connect their Machine Learning technology to the vast ecosystem of internal applications. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a startup environment and will bring an energetic, fun and creative approach to their work.
What you’ll do:
- You will work with large, complex data sets. Solve hard problems using advanced statistical and Machine Learning techniques. Conduct end-to-end analysis that includes data gathering and requirements specification, processing, analysis, ongoing deliverables, and presentations.
- You will prototype and productionise Machine Learning pipelines to provide a solution to large commercial impact problems, particularly in the Digital Marketing space, that keep Farfetch ahead of the competition.
- You will collaborate with other Scientists and Engineers to build efficient data products. Identify opportunities for, design, and assess improvements to Farfetch products.
- You will research and develop analysis, forecasting, and optimization methods to improve the quality of Farfetch's Digital Marketing activity; including paid search, behavioral modeling, and live experiments.
- You will be part of their first Data Science team in the United States, working closely with their established Data Science teams in London (UK) and Porto (PT).
Who you are:
- You are experienced with at least 3-5 years in an advanced Engineering and Data Science role, preferably in the adtech space.
- You are a MS degree holder in a quantitative discipline (e.g., computer science, economics, mathematics, statistics, physics, electrical engineering, industrial engineering).
- You are fluent in Python, Java, C++ or similar object oriented programming language. Experience developing production software is a bonus.
- You have applied experience with Machine Learning on large datasets. Experience in Bayesian Inference and Reinforcement Learning is a bonus.
- You are experienced with distributed computing (e.g., Hive/Hadoop, Spark).
- You are a passport holder for infrequent trips to Europe.