Senior Data Scientist
Intelletec has teamed up with the global leader in providing trusted insights and analytics to accelerate the pace of innovation whom offer some of the most trusted brands across the innovation lifecycle.
- Organizations and researchers rely on the curated knowledge bases from this firm’s information about scientific and academic research, patent analytics, pharmaceutical and biotech intelligence and IP management.
- An independent company with over 4,000 employees and operations in more than 100 countries, this firm is on a bold entrepreneurial mission to help radically reduce the time from new ideas to life-changing innovations.
What You’ll Do:
- Research and identifies Machine Learning (ML) and Natural Language Processing (NLP) methods and algorithms to solve specific problems to improve user experience on IP & Science data and website
- Implements these methods and devises appropriate test plans to validate and compare the different approaches
- Identifies new applications of ML and NLP in the context of Clarivate Analytics extensive sets of content and data
- Explores existing data for insights and recommends additional sources of data for improvements
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Technology, or Engineering, strongly preferred, or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years proven track record in the application of ML and NLP.
- Solid understanding of statistics and the design and analysis of experiments. Solid skills in statistical language, SAS.
- Excellent understanding of ML, NLP, and statistical methodologies
- Excellent programming skills (Java/Python/R/Sas)
- Ability to test ideas and adapt methods quickly end to end from data extraction to implementation and validation
- Experience with search engines, classification algorithms, recommendation systems, and relevance evaluation methodologies a plus