Our client is a well-funded (Series B) Adtech company that runs and manages native advertisements. This LA-based company is seeking a Senior Data Scientist to work Directly with the Director of Data Science and among a team of strong and talented Data Engineers.
You're highly technical, in data science. You appreciate an open workplace where you can be collaborative and drive projects and growth.
- Proven experience writing advanced algorithms on top of Big Data infrastructure
- Knowledge in a variety of non-SQL big data open source products such as Spark, EMR/Hadoop etc.
- Programming experience, ideally in Python, Scala, Java or R, but we are open to other experience if you’re willing to learn the languages we use
- Good understanding of Matrix Factorization, Gradient Boosting, Random Forest, Batch/Stochastic Gradient Descent, Neural Network, SVM etc.
- Good understanding of evaluation metrics such as F1 scores, AUC, ROC, confusion matrix, logloss etc.
- Knowledge of machine learning libraries and such as Vowpal Wabbit, H2O, Tensorflow, Theano, Keras or xgboost and ability to apply machine learning at scale.
- Knowledge of natural language processing is a plus
- Ability to operate in an agile, entrepreneurial start-up environment
- Excellent teamwork skills with an ability to reach out and use team strengths to get the work done with minimal supervision
- Good communication skills
- You must be motivated, driven, and passionate about programming and technology
Compensation of up to $170,000k plus equity is on offer
For more information, please inquire within.