Intelletec has teamed up with one of the US's Leading Healthcare firms. They are going through a massive transformation and are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join the team in the New York or Boston office.
If you want to make a difference in healthcare in the US and beyond this could be a great opportunity!
The Senior Data Scientist will have a broad impact and true ownership; driving business decisions. You will lead and participate in the development, validation and delivery of algorithms, statistical models, reporting tools as well as work with marketing/external stakeholders directly to translate business needs into analytical solutions and provide actionable insights.
- Develops and/or uses algorithms and statistical predictive models, including advanced models.
- Brings business insights to inform predictive models: is skilled at reading academic data science-oriented literature and collaborating with subject matter experts to inform predictive models.
- Performs analyses of structured and unstructured data to solve multiple and complex business problems.
- Manages large and complex analytical projects from data exploration, model building, performance evaluation, and testing
- Behaves as a mentor to junior team members to provide technical advice
- Applies analytical rigor and statistical methods to analyze large amounts of data, using advanced statistical techniques.
- Utilizes advanced statistical techniques and mathematical analyses and specialized expertise in the Aetna and/or healthcare.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 4 or more years of progressively complex related experience
- Deep understanding of statistical and predictive modeling concepts, machine-learning approaches, clustering and classification techniques, and recommendation and optimization algorithms
- Deep knowledge of advanced analytics tools and languages (Python/R/SAS/HIVE/Spark/H2O etc.) to analyze large data sets from multiple data sources
- Strong skills to effectively communicate and negotiate across the business and in the external health care environment; Demonstrates strong ability to communicate technical concepts and implications to business partners
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Marketing analytics oriented background or professional experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of health care industry, products, and systems is a plus
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. preferred
- Very competitive pay, bonus, full medical, dental & vision benefits and more
- A tight-knit team of passionate people and a tech-first business
- Autonomy and end-to-end ownership
- Opportunity for fast growth & promotion