You are an experienced DevOps engineer with extensive experience building at least one large scale production backend system.
You will be responsible for evaluating frameworks and making technical design choices for our particular business needs, communicating the pros and cons clearly to the rest of the team. You will have the opportunity to set standards and provide guidance to subsequent DevOps engineer hires.
You are both an independent and a good team player, a great problem solver, and have a strong commitment to writing quality, efficient software. You will collaborate directly with our DevOps Architect and your work will have a high impact on tens of millions of users starting on day one.
What you'll do
- Evaluate framework choices and drive optimizations across all areas of our application.
- Design, build, ship and maintain the core infrastructure used by all of engineering.
- Whiteboard and discuss solutions to complex scaling problems -- then make it happen.
- Experiment with new technology to make our system more reliable and scalable.
- Help the engineering team triage issues and bugs across our entire stack.
- 3+ years of experience building and owning large-scale, distributed backend systems.
- Proficient with data stores and caches, such as MySQL, Redis, and Memcached.
- Experience with AWS, Terraform, Linux, and distributed systems.
- Strong communicator with the ability to explain complex technical concepts with all members of the team.
- Experience with containerization will be a strong plus.
- Self-motivated, autonomous with a strong sense of ownership.
- Previous startup experience preferred.
- We are also reliant on AWS, Aurora, Redis, Redshift, Graylog, Jenkins, Kinesis, RabbitMQ, Kubernetes, and Capistrano
- Work remotely a couple of days out of the week
- New laptop, monitor(s), and office equipment
- Health insurance coverage
- Catered Office Lunch
- Monthly outings