Our client is the largest wholesale market placed for cannabis dispensaries and brands in the US with over 4,000 dispensaries currently using the platform. Annually more than $1bn dollars in wholesale cannabis orders are processed through their platform. From being backed by some of the leading VCs to winning Best Places to Work awards, they are in a strong place to ultimately define cannabis supply chain through technology. Having raised close to $50m so far, our client is undergoing an exciting growth phase and are searching for talented individuals to join the NYC office. One of the positions we're searching for is a Senior DevOps Engineer.
Having raised close to $50m so far, our client is undergoing an exciting growth phase and are searching for talented individuals to join the NYC office. One of the positions they're searching for is a Senior DevOps Engineer.
Our client is seeking a DevOps Engineer to join our New York team who is passionate about working on teams that solve interesting, large-scale problems at a rapid pace. This role will contribute heavily to the buildout and iteration of their existing and emerging systems, powering an ever-expanding set of product offerings. As a member of our engineering team, you will be in a position to have a direct, lasting impact everywhere that technology powers our business.
They are currently gearing up to tackle a large-scale platform overhaul that will strengthen our position as a technical leader within the industry. As such, this role has the opportunity to help shape and grow this new platform and the engineers who work on it, as well as to work within new and growing technologies and concepts such as Python, Node.js, Kubernetes, AWS managed services, aggregate document stores, containerized and serverless design patterns, and service-oriented architectures. It’s a very exciting time to join their engineering team!
- Strengthen their application and environment security, applying standards and best practices and providing tooling to make development workflows more secure
- Create, maintain, and iterate on our CI/CD processes for new and existing services
- Increase the sophistication of our alerting and escalation mechanisms
- Keep up to date on modern technologies and trends and advocate for their inclusion within products when it makes sense
- Help increase system performance with a focus on high availability and scalability
- A successful track record as a DevOps / System Engineer
- Fluent in Python and Python testing best practices
- Experience working in and advocating for agile environments
- Extensive experience working within AWS and with it’s managed products (EC2, ECS, ECR, R53, SES, Elasticache, RDS, Redshift, etc)
- Strong experience working with automation tooling (Terraform, Ansible, etc)
- Strong experience with containers (Docker, Compose, ECS, Kubernetes)
- Strong experience with various managed and self-hosted CI/CD tooling (Jenkins, Travis, Drone, Mule, Spinnaker)
- Strong understanding of DNS, TCPDUMP, CDNS, SSL, Git, Firewalls and networking concepts (VPC, subnetting, VPNs, etc).
- Experience deploying microservice architecture, applications, and supporting services
Compensation packages ($180k+) include competitive salary, stock options, generous PTO, full healthcare