A fast growing Blue Chip Leader is seeking a Senior DevOps engineer with demonstrated experience working in large-scale enterprise J2EE Production and Pre-production environments.
You will join a company of 200-400 & will be part of an existing team of 5.
Job Duties including:
- Overseeing all Application Production systems providing 24x7 mission critical availability.
- Developing and configuring cloud infrastructure for SAAS applications in AWS, DataCenter, or other cloud environments.
- Developing and implement cloud computing deployment, monitoring solutions.
- Developing automated deployment and monitoring tools in Ansible, Perl, Python, bash or similar scripting languages.
- Researching and analyze tools and technologies to optimize building and deploying code-base, manage distributed production systems and application resources.
- Managing and maintain multiple environments, ensuring that these environments are properly setup, configured, and available for each project as scheduled.
- Preserving and maintaining service availability, performance, integrity, capacity and security.
- Troubleshooting any of the infrastructure issues and escalate as necessary.
- Working with cross functional, geographically distributed teams to providing 24x7 deployment support across multiple environments.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline followed with 5- 7+ years of experience in a software engineering-related occupation strongly preferred; will consider additional relevant work experience in lieu of formal degree.
- 5 years of experience building and releasing software on a large scale, complex J2EE SOA environment as SaaS product;
- Docker is essential
- 5 years of experience overseeing web application installations, upgrades, and deployment as well as any servers/systems that support hosted web applications;
- 5 years experience providing 24x7 support globally for production issues and deployment;
- 5 years experience working in Linux, Unix and Posix Systems, and virtual environments;
- 5 years experience of web application (Java) maintenance and trouble-shooting, application performance monitoring, automating day-to-day activities.
The role is paying a base package of $160k plus benefits
To find out more please send across your resume