I am partnered with this well-established and growing Fintech Startup based in the San Francisco Bay Area. The company's operating system protects businesses from threats by adversaries by monitoring and detecting money laundering, fraud, and other sophisticated risks across various industries.
They have over $100B+ of Financial Activity that is monitored by their system - nearly 2 million transactions per second from their customers are ingested and then analyzed and assessed in a performant manner. They count some of the world's largest companies as enterprise clients, and they are currently looking to grow their team of 44 engineers to 80 in the next year.
As a Site Reliability (SRE)/DevOps Engineer, you will work on a wide variety of projects to improve the system, increase automation, and protect critical data from external and internal threats.
What You'll Do:
- Deep dive into learning and understanding the mechanism of every application component, and promoting product scalability, stability, and performance
- Setup, manage and maintain Unit21 product/middleware/big-data applications and services
- Continuous delivery, performance fine-tuning, and troubleshooting
What You'll Bring:
- A strong curiosity for the unknown and not stopping until you have a solid understanding of the underlying problem
- The ability to partner and collaborate cross-functionally across an engineering organization
- At least 3 years of experience in a DevOps/SRE or equivalent role
- Excellent troubleshooting skills across the stack
- Familiarity with container technologies (Docker)& high availability systems
- Extensive and hands-on knowledge of Linux operating system (Ubuntu, CentOS, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with at least one of the programming languages: Bash, Python, Go
- Automation & monitoring tools (Github Actions, Grafana)
- Cloud-native environments (AWS, GCP, Azure + Terraform)
- A successful track record of troubleshooting and stabilizing distributed systems during service incidents while remaining level-headed
- Strong software engineering fundamentals
- Base salary from $160k to $240k
- Cash bonus
- Series B stock options
- Outstanding benefits package
Please note - this position is based in SF, and after covid, we would like people who are happy to come into the office now and then (2 days per week) once things reopen fully.
Visa transfers are OK