Our Client is an industry leading security SaaS provider of single sign-on solutions, helping companies manage access controls to their cloud application portfolio. Our client a leader in the fast-growing security market segment known as identity and access management, expected to grow to an $18 billion market over the next few years. Headquarters are in downtown San Francisco just a few blocks from the water. Our client has excellent employee benefits and perks that are a great complement to the breathtaking views of the bay.
ABOUT ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT
Our client truly values technical design skills, programming ability, and teamwork. Being able to work on assigned areas of applications, troubleshooting and debugging tough problems, and working directly with senior team members are important to this role.
ABOUT THE ROLE
In this role you will be responsible for maintaining and automating our production environments, including AWS infrastructure planning, scaling, monitoring, and security. The client is a leader in providing Single Sign-On solutions to large businesses. We provide a mission-critical service for our customers but operate at a fast pace, and are looking at candidates who enjoy the challenge of finding novel and stable solutions. A successful candidate will have experience in operations roles with strict uptime requirements and has high standards set for their own delivery of quality in everything that they do.
- Manage and maintain releases, with an eye towards automation in production, QA and staging environments.
- Create CLI and Web tools to help automate typical Operations and Engineering tasks.
- Helping to architect scalable and highly available solutions required for AWS cloud operations.
- Play a central role in defining our container orchestration and deployment strategy.
- Adapt monitoring for an increasingly dynamic environment of containers and auto scaling groups.
- Be mindful of security requirements when designing solution - we are, at heart, a security solutions provider.
- The ideal candidate has at least 5+ years experience with managing SaaS applications infrastructures.
- Experience with Docker container strategies in production settings
- Experience with Docker orchestration frameworks - ECS, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes is a plus.
- AWS experience across the stack - EC2, ELB, S3, IAM, Lambda are just a few of the services we use.
- Experience scripting AWS operations (AWS CLI, Boto SDK, etc.)
- Experience with Hashicorp tools (particularly Packer and Terraform)
- Solid Linux experience, particularly with Ubuntu.
- Strong experience with at least one scripting language (Python, Bash, Ruby)
- Experience with a configuration management tool (Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
- Experience implementing code pipelines with CI / CD tools (Jenkins, TeamCity)
Salary up to $140,000+ Equity, Benefits, PTO and other amazing perks!