A rare leadership oppportunity with a Healthcare firm whom are building the largest analytics capabilities in the US.
Senior Director of Data Science - Health Behavior Change Analytics
Overall: Looking for opportunities to use cutting edge technologies analyzing petabytes of data in a world class Hadoop cluster, generating insights to guide consumers in their journey to wellness and help them achieve their health ambitions, whether it’s running the Inca Trail Marathon or playing tackle football with their grandkids? Aetna’s Member Analytics team is focused on delivering strategically-impactful programs and tools to help members across all life stages feel the joy of achieving their best health, in their own way.
- Highly visible Senior Director, responsible for directing an analytics team critical to the success of our Health mission to transform healthcare.
- Leads a team of 15 data scientists and owns the identification and implementation of member-centric medical cost savings opportunities for a newly created organization following merger.
What you'll do:
This role is an extremely high-profile analytics leader that will define the vision, strategy and execution of medical cost reduction opportunities, using cutting edge datasets. We are looking to change the healthcare paradigm, and this role will be at the forefront. You are a thought leader in test and learn, experiment design, as well as agile marketing and have experience leading analytics teams working with highly sophisticated datasets.
- Impact-oriented, analytics and business leader to manage an analytics organization aimed at identifying new and improved ways to reduce cost and improve member experience
- Solely responsible to develop and grow a portfolio of member-centric medical cost savings opportunities, to be captured through omni-channel member engagement programs. Example of savings opportunities include, but are not limited to Site of care, e.g., Colonoscopies to Home Kits for cancer screening Lab work from Out of network to In Network, Low acuity procedures from Hospital to Ambulatory Surgery Center; Provider selection, e.g., Better PCP selection, Better Specialist; new CVS options, e.g., visit MinuteClinic for routine care
- Partners with both internal organizations (Marketing, Digital Products, etc) and external tech-vendor partners to further activate strategies through personalized contextual customer targeting and engagement
- Provides strategic leadership and proactively recommends innovative research techniques and data science approaches, as well as member communications opportunities
- Sets the direction for the company on the development of statistical/analytical procedures and processes, experiment design best practices, and performance monitoring reports
- Deep knowledge and leadership in statistical analysis, transaction, social, and behavioral data to model consumer health behavior drivers and obstacles
- Partners with marketing product executives and office of chief medical officer to understand key clinical questions and member engagement objectives; translating questions and objectives into well-defined analytics proposals to achieve business strategy
- Sets business priorities and executes plans including: tracking of initiatives, prioritizing, managing analytics implementation initiatives, budgets and stakeholder expectations
What you need to succeed:
- Demonstrated experience leading and setting the direction for large analytics teams focused on agile marketing, test and learn, and campaign management
- Experience and leadership around data mining tools, as well as data science techniques, including complex experiment design
- Industry leader in customer segmentation, CLV, health behavior/activation models, and latest researches/findings in the field of behavioral economic
- 10+ years of relevant experience with leadership responsibilities
- 5+ years of experience managing and cultivating close working relationship with external partners, in a joint development setting, designing and developing analytic based digital engagement solutions
- Extensive experience in consulting, analytics, or digital agency background strongly preferred
- Excellent strategic thinking capabilities with ability to derive insight and recommendations from data
- Extensive experience with digital marketing and emerging industry trends
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing large cross functional teams
- PhD or Masters degree in Statistics, Economics or related fields highly preferred