Intelletec is partnering with a leading developer, owner, and operator of utility-scale energy storage projects across North America to find a Senior Director of Procurement to join the team! Their projects are helping to transition the nation’s electric grid to a cleaner and more reliable future.
They are independently owned, and are among the largest players in the US energy storage sector with a 15+ GWh pipeline including about 1.7 GWh of projects in operation, construction, or advanced development under contract with utilities and other power buyers.
The successful candidate for this role will have at least five years of relevant procurement, strategic sourcing, and supply chain management experience, preferably in the renewable energy or energy storage field. The Senior Director will be responsible for developing and overseeing procurement strategy, and implementing key analytical, supply chain, and contracting activities in support of developing, building, and operating the pipeline of stand alone energy storage projects.
• Own key procurement activities relating to pricing, forecasting, procurement inputs into financial models, and internal communications to key stakeholders including development, construction, and finance teams.
• Analyze supply chain market conditions and trends, including changes in government/regulatory policies, and assess the impact on future equipment supply needs and provide strategy recommendations to Company leadership.
• Analyze upstream suppliers, contractors, and industries and make recommendations to leadership on opportunities and risks in value chain.
• Prepare and manage Request for Proposal packages, and evaluate equipment supply bids and EPC service contracts to support award decisions.
• Support negotiation and documentation of procurement agreements for energy storage equipment and ancillary equipment, including supply and warranty agreements.
• Maintain commercial relationships with key equipment suppliers, and evaluate, establish, and cultivate new relationships with strategic suppliers.
• Support procurement and supply chain development in new markets in line with the Company’s compliance, safety, and regulatory requirements, including qualifying and auditing suppliers in collaboration with EH&S and legal teams.
• Develop equipment pricing forecasts, and own procurement inputs into financial models and internal communications to key stakeholders including development, construction, and finance teams.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, finance, supply chain management, or related discipline.
• Five (5) or more years of experience in procurement, strategic sourcing, supply chain management, or a related field. Experience in renewable energy and/or battery storage equipment is greatly preferred
• Strong understanding of EPC contracts and good contract negotiation skills and experience.
• Excellent analytic skills, and ability to explain complex concepts clearly via verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
• Capable of acting in challenging situations with initiative and authority
• Strong drive to deliver results, persistent in overcoming obstacles and eager to take responsibility for making things happen.