Intelletec is partnering with a leading Renewable Energy developer, Financier, Trader, and Operator; focusing on Solar and Battery Storage Assets to find a Senior Director of Strategic Procurement to join their team!
Our client is a leading solar energy firm based in Washington, DC, dedicated to building a more sustainable future. Founded in 2008, the company deploys renewable energy infrastructure across the United States, with a specific focus on ensuring that these projects have a positive economic impact on the communities in which they operate. The company has financed or developed over $2 billion of solar energy assets to date. They work with some of the largest corporations in the world to achieve a carbon-free and sustainable future. They have been founder-lead throughout its 15 years of operations, and is backed by KKR, one of the largest private equity firms in the world.
The Senior Director will be charged with developing a business execution strategy, expanding our relationships with customers and creating long-term plans to service these relationships. This individual will report to the Vice President of ECM, the head of the business unit, manage a team and work closely with the Enterprise Sales team.
- Work alongside the Vice President of ECM to oversee and build our corporate engagement strategy
- Bring and build a network of strategic relationships with corporate, industrial, municipal, and utility customers
- Manage a team of originators and business development professionals
- Design and implement procurement strategies with customers to enable them to meet their sustainability goals
- Collaborate with other members of the ECM team to originate long duration REC contracts to supply RECs and other environmental commodities
- Work with the Enterprise Team to collaborate on holistic solution sets for customers that leverage expertise in tax equity, onsite procurement, and offsite procurement
Successful candidates will possess the following skills and attributes:
- 7+ years of relevant experience in business development and management
- Previous experience with corporate sales in energy markets required with those having experience in renewable energy and/or sustainable consulting prioritized
- Previous experience managing a portfolio of large corporate customers and originating new relationships
- Previous experience working with client relationship management software
- Strong background with voluntary RECs and other environmental commodities
Location: Hybrid in Washington, DC preferred, but open to remote for the right candidate