My client is seeking a Senior Director to join our Environmental Commodities Management (ECM) team, one of the most sophisticated and oldest environmental commodities platforms in the industry. This Senior Director role would be charged with leading the design, development and implementation of tailored sustainability strategies with corporate, municipal, utility and educational customers.
The Senior Director will be charged with developing a business execution strategy, expanding our relationships with customers and creating long-term plans to service these relationships. This individual will report to the Vice President of ECM, the head of the business unit, manage a team and work closely with their Enterprise Sales team. This is an ideal role for an industry professional with business development experience working with customers to procure RECs and other environmental commodities in the renewable energy industry. The Senior Director will initially focus on environmental REC procurement but will expand in scope to other environmental commodities.
My client is a leading solar energy firm based in Washington, DC, dedicated to building a more sustainable future. Founded in 2008, the company deploys renewable energy infrastructure across the United States, with a specific focus on ensuring that these projects have a positive economic impact on the communities in which they operate. The company has financed or developed over $2 billion of solar energy assets to date. We work with some of the largest corporations in the world to achieve a carbon-free and sustainable future. They has been founder-lead throughout its 15 years of operations, and is backed by KKR, one of the largest private equity firms in the world.
- Work alongside our Vice President of ECM to oversee and build our corporate engagement strategy
- Bring and build a network of strategic relationships with corporate, industrial, municipal, and utility customers
- Cross-sell additional products and services to the portfolio to deepen customer relationships
- Manage a team of originators and business development professionals
- Design and implement procurement strategies with customers to enable them to meet their sustainability goals
- Collaborate with other members of the ECM team to originate long duration REC contracts to supply RECs and other environmental commodities
- Work with the ECM Research Team to manage procurement on behalf of customers
- Work with the IT team to build a client relationship management system and database
- Work with the Enterprise Team to collaborate on holistic solution sets for customers that leverage expertise in tax equity, onsite procurement, and offsite procurement
Successful candidates will possess the following skills and attributes:
- 7+ years of relevant experience in business development and management
- Previous experience with corporate sales in energy markets required with those having experience in renewable energy and/or sustainable consulting prioritized
- Previous experience managing a portfolio of large corporate customers and originating new relationships
- Previous experience working with client relationship management software
- Strong background with voluntary RECs and other environmental commodities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to thoughtfully communicate complex issues and problem-solve within a team
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence in professional endeavors
Location: This is a full-time role based in Washington, D.C.
Commitment & Compensation: Compensation will be commensurate with experience. In addition, they provides health insurance, retirement benefits, partial fitness reimbursement, education benefits, parental leave, paid vacation, sick and federal holidays, and the opportunity to work in a unique and dynamic environment.