A fast growing Technology company based in Los Angeles are expanding their engineering team and replacing major elements of its technical and application
As part of this effort they are currently replacing our global reservation system. They have implemented New Vision Systems’ Evolution system and are updating it accordingly.
This team will evolve over the next 2-3 years as other systems are replaced, ultimately giving a stable of integrated Microsoft architecture systems, capable of supporting the aggressive growth goals for the business over the next decade.
• Developing n-tier Windows and Web applications using VB.NET, C#, and SQL.
• Developing systems based on user requirements using approved technologies and coding standards
• Maintain and enhance systems based on user needs and changing business requirements.
• Stay current on best practices in IT technology, processes and applications, development and support.
• Understand and respect existing development and application design practices. Suggest improvements when appropriate.
• Work effectively with team members on multi-person projects. Share knowledge and insight and provide constructive evaluation of coding.
• Communicate clearly and effectively with business users and analysts to gather accurate requirements for new enhancements and applications.
•Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics or related subject, or equivalent experience.
• 4+ years .net framework development experience.
• Proven knowledge of .NET Framework (VB, C#, ASP.NET 4.0, ADO.NET,LINQ).
• Understanding of client-server architecture and Domain model.
• Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 – 2013, Team Foundation and SQL Server Management Studio.
• Proven experience using SQL Server and T-SQL with an ability to write stored procedures, user defined functions and SQL queries.
• Experience with data modeling and/or developing and working with re-usable frameworks.
• Solid understanding of object-oriented design.
• Ability to read and document technical requirements.
• Knowledge of XML and Crystal reports
• Experience designing or architecting large-scale web/e-commerce applications
Note a base salary of up to $130k is on offer including an excellent benefits package