Our client is a Series A startup based in San Francisco who are rapidly growing there engineering team. Our client is a leading smart frame for your home, marrying sophisticated technology with thoughtful design. The produce is sold online and at retail, including Best Buy and Bloomingdales.
As a Senior Engineer, You will work directly with the CTO and other senior engineers to identify, prioritize, and execute on the most impactful projects for the company.
They have experienced 300% year-over-year growth, and the scale of their network will continue to grow in the future. There is a seemingly endless supply of challenging new problems - new scale, new technologies, and innovative new product features.
The technology stack is built on a combination of Ruby on Rails and Python. Everything runs in AWS, utilizing EC2, S3, CloudFormation, SQS and other services.
- 5+ years experience operating Ruby on Rails at scale, including core technologies such as ActiveRecord and ActionController
- 5+ years experience with AWS technologies including EC2, S3, CloudFormation, and SQS
- 3+ years of experience with Python
- Experience with or a desire to learn about operating machine learning frameworks, including Caffe
- Experience with or a desire to learn about operating computer vision technologies, including OpenCV
- A desire to help identify and prioritize problems and opportunities within the technology stack
- Willingness to work with mobile and web application developers to solve problems and build features in internal APIs
- A data, logging, and instrumentation-based mindset to triage and problem-solving
- Salary up to $220,000 per annum plus stock
To find out more please get in touch