Intelletec has partnered with an great company who's mission is to improve the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. Backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments and Tao Invest LLC, they are disrupting one of the world’s largest and oldest industries.
They are looking for someone who is flexible and can respond quickly, energetically, and enthusiastically to changes. Cross-functional communication skills and experience are essential. The Senior Firmware Engineer will interact with all engineering design disciplines plus reliability, manufacturing, component engineering, and other resources inside and outside Juul Labs.
- Travel to support manufacturing builds
- Reporting and presenting to senior management on project status and schedules
- Create, modify, and update code for new and existing products.
- Provide test fixture support for manufacturing, QA, and contract manufacturers.
- Troubleshoot product failures on PCBs, power supplies, and electromechanical assemblies.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant Firmware optimization experience in one or more of the following areas: product design, new product release, test engineering, manufacturing support.
- Experience with embedded microcontrollers and low power devices.
- Firmware design and troubleshooting.
- Ability to multi-task or focus on detailed problems, and tenacity to drive issues until resolved.
- Software Experience - C is a must; Python is a plus
- Other requirements or beneficial knowledge:
- BLE (beneficial)
- Real-time Operating System (RTOS) (beneficial)
- Understanding of serial communication protocols I2C, SPI, UART (required)
- Working with EE to bring up a PCB (required)
- Experience with sensors or other ICs communicating over SPI and/or I2C
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical field. Associate’s degree with significant experience will be considered. Master’s degree is a plus.