Our client is the first-ever rewards program that allows renters to earn points on rent and builds a path towards homeownership. With an alliance of the nation’s largest real estate owners, they enable renters in more than two million units across the country to earn points just by paying rent.
They boast one of the highest value rewards programs on the market today, including one-to-one point transfers for travel across over 100 major airlines and hotel partners; fitness classes at the country’s top boutique studios; limited-edition and exclusive collections of art and home decor through their platform, and the ability to use points for rent credits or towards a future down payment.
They also partnered with Mastercard to create the first and only credit card that can be used to pay rent with no fees.
What’s the role?
As a Senior Front End Engineer, you’ll join a renowned team that is transforming the future of renting. You’ll be working closely with the backend engineering and product teams to develop user-facing features and given the opportunity to work across the React web app and the React Native mobile app.
In this role you will:
- Identify opportunities to refactor and make features more robust
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Coordinate with QA to test new features
- Be responsible for writing unit and integration tests
- Work together with the backend team to come up with requirements for an API
In terms of qualifications, we’re seeking:
- Strong UX design skills, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- 5+ years of experience
- Proven hands-on Software Development experience
- Understanding of how to optimize the delivery of code and assets to a browser or device
- Ability to articulate the benefits and challenges of depending on front-end libraries, frameworks, and tool-sets
- Ability to write testable code
- Great interpersonal skills with a team-player disposition
- Knowledge of the start-up world preferred