Intelletec has partnered with an ambitious startup building the future of television.
Headquartered in San Francisco, with additional offices in New York and Cambridge, MA. The leadership team includes one of the founders of Facebook as well as alums of Meraki and HBO & backed by NEA and industry partners including HBO, Discovery, AMC, A&E, and Viacom.
They are actively hiring engineers who are looking to build a completely new kind of product and who have a passion for back-end and/or front-end development.
The Product Team is responsible for designing, building, testing, and quite literally reinventing television, the most engaging product ever created, across web, mobile, and TV platforms. Just as television is about more than simply watching an episode of your favorite show, so too does our work extend well beyond the play button. We take TV schedules, movie and show metadata, live and on-demand feeds, recordings, real-time localized usage metrics, cross-device interoperability, and individualized viewing habits, preferences, restrictions, and notifications – massaging it all into a comprehensive and seamless TV experience. We are positioned at the forefront of both web TV and front-end development technologies, building on DRM-decrypting HTML5 video along with a modern workflow leveraging React and ES6.
As a front-end engineer you will be responsible for:
- Iteratively designing and improving upon our video players, application UIs, and cross-device interoperability.
- Architecting real-time data syncing across clients and servers.
- Prototyping, testing, and iterating upon new features.
- Improving and incorporating cross-platform metrics to continually measure engagement and usage patterns
A strong candidate is very comfortable:
- Building and maintaining large scale single page applications
- Working in a codebase with multiple contributors
- Full health, dental and vision coverage for you and your family
- Flexible working hours
- Generous paid parental leave
- Unlimited paid time off for vacation and sick leave
- $2000 annual vacation bonus (we pay you to take a two week vacation)
- $5000 annually for professional development and educational assistance
- $500 “TV stipend” for new employees to upgrade their home watching setup
- Dog-friendly office
- And much more!