Our client is making it easy for everyone to access affordable, personalized financial advice. They believe that financial wellness starts with a single paycheck. That's why they work with leading companies to provide1-on-1 financial advisors and personal finance tools as an employee benefit. Our client’s financial wellness program helps employees make the most of their total compensation, and helps companies support their teams at scale through onboarding, open enrollment, equity events, and more.
We are looking for a design-minded, detail-obsessed Front-End Software Engineer who has a solid understanding of web development fundamentals, including UI components and tools. This is a great opportunity for someone who likes to spend most of the day solving problems with code but also wants to contribute to the bigger goals of the business.
What you'll do:
- Take full ownership for engineering features on the front-end, from idea to production to create user-friendly web pages. See below for their tech stack.
- Create new blocks and components for our ever-expanding UI system.
- Advise how they can improve their technical process and deliver improved products.
- Work with the team to reveal user needs and develop feature requirements.
- Collaborate with backend engineers in ensuring technical feasibility and product team to improve usability and accessibility.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams, from other engineers to designers, marketers, sales, and financial advising to find the best solutions.
- React, TypeScript, Rails, Postgres, and GraphQL.
Example engineering challenges:
- B2B Tools: They have two customers: individuals and employers. Employers have a unique set of needs and problems, so you'll have the opportunity to build for a varied range of customers.
- Multi-Platform Consumer Product: With their fintech expertise, they're building a best-in-class experience to manage your finances. They focus on ease of use, and understand through behavioral psychology frameworks what methods are most effective in motivating behavior change.
- Banking Infrastructure & Automation: We are all in a golden age of banking infrastructure and APIs. They are combining the latest banking APIs in a unique way to demystify finances and support their advisors.
- Future of Financial Advisory Tools: Empower financial advisors to do their best work and scale their time.
Who you are:
- You have at least 5 years of professional experience developing production-quality product.
- You are passionate about our mission and the opportunity to make a real difference in people's lives.
- You are a clear communicator, both spoken and written.
- You enjoy being a generalist, ready to learn and build with the right tools for each problem. You focus on the problem, rather than on the tool.
- You have a founder mentality. You have a bias towards action, especially when faced with open-ended problems. You are highly autonomous, but thrive with collaboration with a team.
- You are a life-long learner, humble, and constantly looking to improve.
- You are highly empathetic to teammates, customers – everyone.
- You love working with and learning from teammates across functions.
- You enjoy thinking about tradeoffs, and being decisive in making decisions and moving forward without full information.
- You prefer the early high growth stages of a startup, before systems have been established.
- They are 100% fully remote.
- They're mission-driven. Founded on the belief that every person deserves personalized, and affordable financial management, personalized and affordable financial management, without the fear of being sold to.
- They've hit an inflection point with product-market fit. We have passionate, paying customers, and are scaling quickly.
- They have a cross-functional team is uniquely suited to solve this problem, everyone contributes to solving a problem in their unique ways.
- They offer a competitive salary, equity, 401k match, 100% of monthly benefits premiums for individuals, and benefits like 12 weeks paid parental leave to support your whole life.
- They have unlimited vacation and time off policy.
- They provide a budget to set up or improve your home office.