We are looking to hire a Remote Full Stack Engineer to join our health tech clients' growing team! The Opioid Epidemic is a public health crisis with a highly effective but underutilized clinical intervention - millions of Americans are physically dependent on Opioids but only 10% of those likely to have OUD actually access treatment. Our client is addressing this gap by maximizing accessibility, affordability, and overall quality of care by enabling highly qualified clinicians to reach patients broadly and efficiently through their online platform.
To disrupt the status quo for opioid use disorder treatment at scale, they are building tools that identify the highest risk patients and customize their treatment plan. They are powering these tools with what they aim to be the largest structured clinical dataset for patients with Opioid Use Disorder. You will be responsible for enhancing and maintaining the provider and operations web app and backend to deliver the highest quality of care possible for our patients. The backend integrates with and extends an existing EHR to streamline patient care. The features you build will minimize patient relapse and help people break free from the cycle of opioid dependency.
Tech stack: Typescript, React, GraphQL (Apollo), Node.js, Next.js, Tailwind, Google Cloud, App Engine, Cloud Functions, Cloud Firestore, Big Query
What you'll Do:
- Use your knowledge of Typescript, React, GraphQL, and Node.js to architect, implement, test, and maintain critical product features such as patient risk stratification and monitoring, machine augmented patient documentation, automated outreach, patient self-scheduling, and the pharmacy finder.
- Work across the stack, doing anything it takes to solve problems, and see projects through to completion.
- Uphold our high engineering standards and bring consistency to the codebases and processes you will encounter.
- Collaborate with product managers, physicians, nurse practitioners, and other staff members to revolutionize patient care.
- Be 100% remote. Work from anywhere; your office is wherever you are.
What you'll Need:
- 2+ years of experience being a technical lead / team lead for a team of senior and junior full stack / backend developers
- 5+ years of experience building, shipping, and maintaining highly scalable web applications and backend services
- Experience developing tech stacks in the cloud: GCP, AWS, or Azure
- Experience developing in Typescript, React, and Node.js
- Experience building and maintaining multiple applications with large user bases
- Experience designing and implementing end-to-end solutions for large-scale features
- Experience with API and data persistence layer design and implementation
- Experience writing testable code and deep knowledge of testing best practices
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Sciences or equivalent experience
- A passion for improving the healthcare experience and helping those suffering from opioid use disorder.
- A track record of strong ownership, initiative, tenacity, integrity, and humility.
- Ability to break big projects into small, testable pieces to consistently hit business-meaningful milestones.
- An understanding of the business impact of projects you build and the ability to prioritize projects by balancing between craft, speed, and the bottom line.
- Placing a high value on collaboration, knowing that we can be better as a team than as individuals.
- Think critically about the implications of what you're building and how it shapes real people's lives.
What would set you apart:
- Healthcare industry experience.
- Experience building and scaling up multiple applications from the ground up.
- Experience with GraphQL, GCP including Cloud Firestore, React Native, Terraform, and HIPAA compliance