A fast growing SAAS client based in San Francisco are rapidly expanding their team & looking for a strong Backend Engineer who can hit the ground running.
The role will include:
- Discussing customer feedback and suggest product improvements
- Evaluate a new technology, tool, or framework for potential use
- Build new API services to support new functionality
- Code, code, code -- without a lot of hassle or overhead
- Write new automated tests and improve existing ones to keep our quality high
- Peer review your colleagues’ code to suggest improvements
- 1-5+ years of professional development experience with a server side language like Node.js, Python, or Ruby (we use Node.js)
- Experience building and using REST APIs
- Familiarity with relational databases (we use PostgreSQL),
- Familiarity with unit/integration testing, continuous integration, and linux shell scripting
- Willingness to take ownership of projects and ability to work self-directed
- Bonus points for experience with redis and elasticsearch
- Double bonus points for links to your GitHub/Stack Overflow account, technically-oriented blog, and/or published articles/talks/slides
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a founding technology team of a funded company.
You will join an elite, tight-knit team, with all the usual perks (stock options; medical, dental, and vision coverage; 401(k)), plus a number of unusual ones (company Instacart account to order whatever food and drink you want; work from home every Thursday). Relocation assistance is available.
A salary of $140,000-$180,000 range plus healthy equity are on offer. To find out more please email firstname.lastname@example.org