Our client is looking for an iOS Engineer to join our team and help build the next social network for professionals. They’re passionate about connecting professionals through authentic conversation, and they’re bringing together world-class talent from different experiences, disciplines, and areas of study to produce a new type of online network.
Our client connects professionals with colleagues in their industry to have candid and relevant workplace conversations. They've focused on proving our incredible engagement stats, and we're just getting started on scaling the platform to the rest of the professional world.
You will be the first iOS Engineer, you will collaborate round the clock with product, engineering, and marketing teams to build, test, and ship regular releases of the Fishbowl app. Your work will enable millions of professionals to have candid, open conversation with others in their industry.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Help lead development on the flagship platform (iOS) and impact the way professionals socialize and connect online
- Develop a mobile experience that makes users smile, by proactively improving the user experience where possible, including enjoyable transitions and delightful animation (e.g. use of Lottie)
- Work directly with product designers, product managers, founders, and marketing teams to build, test, and ship features that scale
- Collaborate and communicate with product-oriented founders to execute against a broad set of goals, and help guide the technological foundation upon which Fishbowl’s next generation of products will be built
- Collaborate with an expert team of remote engineers
- Integrate 3rd party APIs (OAuth) and utilize use of modern networking for real-time communication
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- B.S. in computer science, statistics, mathematics or similar technical degree
- 5+ years of experience in object-oriented software development, with 3+yrs writing Swift
- Experience as a key member of a team that has shipped at least one app to the App Store
- Natural desire to produce clean code - you have a tendency to QA your code before sending off to QA
- Experience with Agile/Scrum and balancing a process that’s results-oriented with a track record of delivering features and functionality on time with high quality
- Keen attention to detail - you're an expert at creating pixel perfect results
- Ability to articulate technical decisions to key product and business stakeholders
- An interest in consumer products and a passion for community building
- Curiosity, and a willingness to learn and talk about emerging technologies
- Bonus points for experience working with remote teams
- Prior startup experience is fantastic (but not necessary); being scrappy will help you hit the ground running
WHAT YOU’LL EXPERIENCE
- Deeply collaborative environment. You can expect a team that listens to you, challenges you, and wants to see you succeed. Think Yes-And culture (if you know a bit about improv!)
- Ownership. This is the first local iOS Engineer position
- Join a Series-A stage company, backed and advised by world-class investors behind startup unicorns like Slack and Snapchat.
- Competitive Equity (Stock Option) Plans, for real ownership
- Full Healthcare Coverage
- $500 contribution to classes or self-improvement. We're fans of constantly learning!