Los Angeles, CA
My client is looking for a Senior Java Developer to join their team. The ideal candidate is passionate about mobile products and thrives in a fast-paced Agile environment.
They’re a rapidly growing mobile app development startup based in Los Angeles. Founded on the principle that the most satisfying mobile experiences are reflections of the collaboration between the people that create them, my client seeks to shape the mobile landscape through the building of great teams.
You will be a key contributor to their mobile services group, creating backend services that enable hospitality and experience-focused mobile applications for Fortune 500 clients. You’ll participate in the analysis, design, development, integration and testing of a distributed high capacity services infrastructure serving a large user base. You should have a strong grip on RESTful web services design, JSON and performance optimization.
Engineering works closely with Product, QA, and UX, so candidates for this position should have strong people skills.
- Domain analysis and design, web service and web application development, code and design reviews, database design and framework evaluation.
- Must follow SDLC and promote best practices for development such as continuous integration and compliant change management.
- Hands-on design and development.
- Analyze and troubleshoot issues and defects in both structured and unstructured environments; analyze performance and design inefficiencies.
- Stay abreast of the latest technologies and tools being used to improve software development and delivery.
- General consulting skills including: analysis and problem solving, written and verbal communication and team collaboration.
- Experience with the full life-cycle of software development, including requirements analysis, design, development, testing and implementation.
- Working knowledge of methodologies such Agile.
- Experience with Object Oriented Analysis and Design, using Domain Driven Design, and Design Patterns.
- 8+ years of experience with Java SDK development & J2EE development.
- 6+ years of experience with JPA, Hibernate, Spring, Spring Data , Spring MVC.
- 6+ years of experience using Eclipse, IntelliJ or Netbeans development environments.
- 5+ years of experience with Tomcat, Websphere
- 5+ years of experience with relational database design
- 5+ years of experience with MySql, Oracle
- 4+ years of experience with SOAP and RESTful Web Services.
- 4+ years of experience with tools like Maven,Git, SVN, Git, CVS.
- 2+ years of experience with Twitter bootstrap
- 2+ years of experience with Rabbit MQ or other messaging queue products
- Experience with automated build and deployment strategies.
- Experience with Redis.
- Experience creating and understanding ERDs and other database models.
- Experience with screen scraping , jsoup
- Experience with JAXB, JAX-RS, JAX-WS.
- Experience with Apache CXF
- Experience with Splunk, Logstash Kibana
- Familiarity with Android development.
- Familiarity with iOS development.
- Familiarity with Windows Phone development.
Why work here?
- Salary up to $135,000, 20% annual bonus, profit sharing, benefits (health insurance, paid holidays, sick days & PTO) and 401K plan with company matching.
- Exceptional career growth opportunities
- Work with a smart, diverse and driven team that's been developing mobile software since 2003.
- Casual office atmosphere, frequent company outings, sporting/entertainment raffles, in-office yoga and catered lunches.