Backend (Java) Engineer
This is an amazing opportunity to be a founding engineer to help define the architecture and build a large, scalable platform
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Great opportunity to be a founding engineer to help define the architecture and build a large, scalable platform
- Build and deploy back-end for our platform
- Design back-end cloud and middleware architecture
- Implement software design best-practices, such as test-driven development and frequent end-to-end testing
- Design, develop, and maintain backend services with security and performance in mind
- Investigate solutions leading to successful delivery of well-structured, easily maintainable, and well-documented code
- Author and automate test cases and implement comprehensive monitoring
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Experience with Java, Spring or other modern application frameworks.
- Experience with NoSQL databases (Mongo, Couchbase, Redis etc) is a plus.
- Experience with Git or other source code management systems.
- Experience with configuration management tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet), is a plus.
- Understanding of continuous integration/deployment best practices (Jenkins, build pipelines).
- Experience maintaining and architecting cloud based infrastructure (AWS) is a plus.
- Comfort in working in short, agile, iterative development cycles.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, priding yourself on getting things done with a high level of quality.
- Strong desire to work in an unstructured, fast moving startup environment.
- B.S. degree in CS or equivalent with at least 7 years of industry experience.
WHAT YOU GET:
- - Experience building a transformative product from ground up
- - Competitive base salary + substantial equity
- - Full medical/dental/vision benefits
- - End-to-end ownership of your projects
- - Casual and fun work environment
- - Walking distance to awesome restaurants, in-office weekly lunches, and snacks galore