Our Client is an innovative, luxury fashion personal shopping and commerce business. Through social and chat-based media, we inspire our international client base to discover the rarest and most beautiful luxury items. We then search the globe to procure them for our clients; this is the future of retail. They are the Tech City’s Future Fifty programme which recognizes some of the UK’s fastest growing businesses.
- Working as a member of the team at every stage of software development life cycle.
- Designing solutions, writing code, testing code, automating test and deployment
- Researching and learning new methodologies and technologies and bring this knowledge to the team.
- Providing input and influence discussions around best practices and new technologies, helping us to develop an effective basis for future developments.
- An expert knowledge and commercial experience developing services and APIs using Node.js, including the knowledge of core Node.js modules and npm packages
- Webpack, React and related libraries - an expert knowledge of the React development patterns and related development tools and libraries
- Experience building messaging systems, ideally using XMPP protocol
- Server-side development experience using other languages (such as Python, Java, C#)
- A good working knowledge of AWS services: ECS, SNS, S3, RDS, Lambda are just to name few we use right now
- Docker containers
- Securing web applications
- Experience with continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD) tools and systems
- Experience of designing and implementing large systems
- Good knowledge of some variant of SQL
Desirable but NOT essential:
- Infrastructure as code solutions - preferably with Terraform
- Server-less development with AWS Lambda or other similar solutions
- Other programming languages, ideally TypeScript and Python
- NoSQL: ElasticSearch, Redis
- Enterprise integration patterns