I am partnered with a series A Start-up focusing on bringing AI technologies into the Freight and shipping industry. If you are an Optical Engineer looking to make a transition from project-based work to building a product end-to-end, then this might be the position you've been waiting for!
The company has raised over $31 million in funding and is looking to rapidly grow its team. The team is located in San Francisco, CA near Civic Center Station.
- 5+ years of experience in designing, building, and validating optics at scale
- Strong Experience with Camera Imaging (Camera Modules, LED Modules, Hardware)
- Strong Experience with Camera Design and Lens Design
- Comfortable working in a start-up environment, you will be the first Optical engineer on the team!
- Will need to work in the San Francisco Office, to help build the Hardware
Nice to have:
- Degree in Optical Science/Engineering, Physics, Mechanical Engineering, or related field
- Previous experience building products from End-to-End
- Expertise in lens and illumination system design, testing, and validation
- Fluent in Optical simulation design using Zemax, LightTools, FRED, TracePro, or CODEV
- Experience with testing and troubleshooting for validating optics in both prototype and production scenarios
- Experience in lens selection and design, and tolerance analysis.Experience in mass production of optical devices
- Experience with CMOS Image sensors or related imaging areas
- Base up to $250k + Equity
- Awesome Benefits (99% Insurance paid, unlimited food in the office, unlimited PTO, 401k 3% Matching, Wellness Credit $1500)
- Potential to grow alongside a fast-paced team
- Relocation Package if needed