A fast growing Technology company are looking to grow their engineering team & are currently hiring top Senior Polyglot Functional Engineers to help take their product to the next level.
My client are seeking x3 Functional developer with a desire to cover front-to-back work. They do frontend work seen by the customers & build microservices in Clojure & Go; They deploy & monitor all of this using Docker and AWS ECS.
The team is focused on improving the customer accounts experience: we care about the customer and we support the other uSwitch products; we balance delivering customer value against the technology used and we empower you to own those problems.
We try to keep a startup feel to how we work: anyone can get involved in any aspect of the product and, sometimes, you might have to. Expect to not only bring your knowledge and understanding but also to be pushed to grow and expand your experiences.
- Services:SQS, Kinesis
- Analytics: BigQuery, R, Google Analytics
- Infrastructure: AWS, Docker, Terraform
- Polyglot developer with delivery experience in a variety of different languages. We use whatever languages/tools/libraries we think are appropriate for a particular problem and we’d love to hear your suggestions for better alternatives.
- Pragmatic, value-driven individual that puts delivery above what cool tech to use next
- Comfortable working with a high degree of autonomy and managing your own time effectively
- Comfortable delivering across front-end, back-end and infrastructure. End-to-end delivery from ideas to implementation to deployment.
- Strong communication skills for close collaboration with different disciplines such as Marketing, Content, and Commercial
Nice to Haves
- Automated deployment, server provisioning and monitoring
- Experience with site conversion/performance through A/B or multivariate testing
- They empower people to make intelligent decisions. They give them the autonomy to experiment and develop innovative ways to deliver a better product.
- My client are using a micro-service architecture to help the company and the systems we build be as scalable as possible; teams operate and deploy independently, making as many updates and changes they want to throughout the day.
- A World Class Team – They work in small autonomous product teams with everyone needed across disciplines to help solve problems and deliver. The organisation helps set direction but how you get there is up to you and your team.
- Ownership - They expect you to own your problem. If that is delivering a web product then you must understand traffic acquisition, user experience, monitoring, technology, user journey and, importantly, the problem we are trying to solve for the customer. Although the majority of the APIs are written in Clojure and the front end apps tend to be Ruby our philosophy is to use the right tool for the job.
- Conferences / Public Speaking / Hack days / Community events - They support many conferences around the globe particularly in the Clojure world and help with both your attendance and speaking engagements (within limits).
To find out more please send me your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org