My client is a fast growing Series B startup in San Francisco Bay Area are looking for a Senior Polygot Engineer to join as part of a rapidly expanding team.
- You will be obsessed with learning new programming languages, Amazon services, and the latest release of Ubuntu but be just at home with Windows
- You are not beholden to one language or framework; you will use whatever it takes to get the job done
- Work across all our pods helping to deliver value and drive innovation and deliverables. You will have unilateral ability to provide value based on company priorities
- You are an intellectual ninja and want to solve problems with the numerous amount of tools in your programming toolbox
- Work with remote teams to deliver supporting software and services in sync with launch timelines
- Your work and what you do matters. Some things won’t see the light of day but that’s the nature of Research & Development
- They use JIRA Agile across our development teams and the company. Familiarity with the tools are an added plus.
- Be a go getter look for problems to solve and build solutions that will scale, with some help
- Polyglot with a good understanding of algorithms & data structures. You know the pros and cons of using one language over another.
- Experience with one or more dynamic and statically typed languages: JAVA, C#, Ruby, Python, PHP
- You know the values of data normalization and de-normalization and have experience with different RDBMS(Postgres, MSSQL, Oracle) and Key-Value stores
- Comfortable on the command line whether that is a DOS prompt, SSH, or terminal
- Context switching is your friend, you don’t mind it and you get bored if you work in one stack or technology for too long, you enjoy learning new frameworks and languages with the goal of delivering
- Strong in one language, you are the embodiment of “Jack of all Trades. Master of none” you may not know the idiomatic way to do something in a specific language but you will make the code work and spin up your own servers if you have to
- You can prioritize time to deliver above all else, you feel comfortable with getting something feature complete and out the door. Data and metrics are your friends. You know the KPIs of a feature you develop before you ship it.
- Experience working in a startup and juggling multiple responsibilities
- Deep, proven experience on software development
- Proactive self-starter who thrives on creating scalable processes and solving problems.
- You must be self- motivated, self-reliant, and a self-starter with the ability to achieve broadly communicated objectives with minimal supervisionhing great products!