Our client specializes in providing online access and storage platform for physical belongings through a beautiful mobile interface. They have raised more than $40 million in funding & are backed by Highland Capital, Founder Fund, Ripple and some of Silicon Valley’s top angel investors (plus Drake and Diplo).
We are looking for an exceptional Senior Product Designer to join us on our mission. You’ll be focused on helping create a world-class user-experience that is effortless and delightful for first-time renters, and powerful and efficient for storefront users who rely on us to run their business. You will be the second designer on the team so an ideal candidate will be highly motivated to help shape the design culture and someone who is excited by our mission. Our unique business model means we often need to design for unique product features with few or no examples to compare to. Hearing that may scare you… but rising to the challenge is what you do best.
- Design solutions that solve the problems our customers are facing today and lead to long-term business opportunities in the future. In order to succeed here you will need to employ design-thinking with the full context of our business goals and customer needs.
- Design simple, easy-to-use experiences that elicit delight from our customers, renters and storefront owners.
- Develop deep empathy for our customers through user research, interviews, and usability studies.
- Partner closely with your Product and Engineering teammates to help them understand the problem, visually articulate early approaches, and validate design decisions with customers along the way to a polished final design.
- Over-communicate your approach and consistently solicit feedback from your design peers, internal stakeholders, and leadership to ensure alignment throughout the company.
- 5+ years experience in product design, designing and shipping high quality customer-facing products.
- Demonstrated experience with the full range of product design, interaction design, and visual design skills.
- An outstanding portfolio, showcasing a depth of knowledge in user experience, interaction, and visual/user interface design.
- Comfortable contributing ideas in all mediums from low-fi whiteboard sketches to functional prototypes to highly polished mockups.
- Experience participating on user research sessions. We are a customer-centric company, so we believe in customer validation early and often.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and a strong collaborator -- to be successful in this role, you’ll need to work effectively across the company and, in particular, be comfortable presenting and soliciting feedback from the executive team.
- Success in a fast-paced startup environment is a plus -- but all candidates will need to be able to move fast and navigate the ambiguity in a fast growing company.
- Ability to code your own prototypes and graphic design skills a big plus.
For more information please contact email@example.com