Our San Francisco Bay Area client is rapidly growing their Product Design team and is seeking Senior Product Designers whose mission is to share and grow the world's knowledge, and are building a world-class team to help achieve this mission.
About the Role:
As a senior product designer, you'll be responsible for what you design from start to finish: brainstorming solutions, iterating on visuals and interactions however you see fit, and finally implementing your designs in code yourself (no middlemen required!). You work on everything from ranking to UI, from internationalization to moderation systems. Your design decisions are validated through A/B testing and user studies alike, as they value rigor and empathy in equal measure.
- Own projects with a product team focused on a major, user-facing area.
- Identify high-impact opportunities, design features in pursuit of strategic goals, and present rationale for your decisions to gain consensus across teams as well as with leadership.
- Autonomously lead multiple projects while effectively collaborating, as well as challenging the team, on the most optimal solution.
- Manage UI complexity (complexity reduction is not always the solution), resulting in polished UI design, clear information hierarchy, a holistic feature set.
- Collaborate with engineers to define features and functionality, with other designers for feedback and critique, and with data scientists and user researchers to evaluate the impact of your work.
- Build what you design using React.
- Ship highly impactful new features, bug fixes, and small improvements multiple times a week.
- 5+ years innovative, end-to-end design leadership on projects with a cross-functional product team.
- Demonstrated thought leadership and high level thinking about a complex, social product, and adept at clearly explaining reasons for new features and changes.
- Experience autonomously building clear, effective interactions to accomplish product or business goals.
- Ability to build what you design (technical competence in these front-end technologies: HTML, CSS, JS, and React).
- Interest in using data and user research to inform design decisions. Comfort with A/B testing and data analysis frameworks.
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant design capabilities.
- Interest or experience in designing for ads, mobile, or user growth.
- Experience with effective A/B testing.
- Desire to mentor junior designers.
- Experience writing and documenting proposals.