A Series B funded, NYC based Company are looking for a Senior Product Manager to join their growing team.
The Company has developed an informatics platform and secure cloud service that is being utilized by some of the largest financial services and investment firms around.
You will be joining a current team of 2 product managers, and reporting directly to the Senior Director, who is still very hands-on. This is a great opportunity for a PM that is comfortable and excited working at the intersection of technology and the business. You will focus on owning the roadmap, but also be responsible for product feature creation, seeing it right through to development and release.
- Build and maintain an API platform strategy and roadmap across various capabilities
- Identify market opportunities and build requirements for new features, products and revenue streams
- Manage API documentation, design, and standards that all contributing teams will adhere to
- Serve as the product expert for all API interfaces (existing and new)
- Understand financial markets, customer needs and competitive environment in depth
Skills and Experience
- 7+ years experience in product management with at least 5+ years building APIs and cloud-based delivery solutions;
- Startup and financial services market data experience are preferred
- Strong technical acumen as well as familiarity with APIs, programming languages & databases, and most importantly an eagerness to learn
- Ability to lead and manage a complex project to an aggressive schedule, keeping on top of both the small details as well as the big picture to drive product development
- Outstanding communication skills and at every level - within teams, to leadership, to users, and particularly with engineering
- Tenacity and resilience that allows you to thrive in ambiguity, drive impactful projects, and overcome challenges
- Quantitative skills, an analytical mindset and desire to dive into complex data sets to derive valuable business insights and propose solutions
- Experience with Agile development and methodologies as the product owner