Our client, a code search startup for developers, which has recently secured its $50 million Series C to continue to fuel its recent strong growth is looking for a Product Manager.
The Company, founded in 2013 (in San Francisco) brings together the various strands that make up modern developer operations (DevOps) teams, spanning repositories, programming languages, file formats, editors, and more.
The Product enables developers to better understand how to use a particular function or service, what impact changing a piece of code will have on other dependencies, or where the correct library is for a particular task.
The Team Currently the engineering team is 35 people with a Product Team of 6. There is strong growth in the Product team to better partner with the Engineering team and fuel strong product growth.
The Role and its Responsibilities
Our client is looking for Senior Product Managers in both their Platform (focused on application, developer productivity and production infrastructure) team and their search team (Search experience at Scale. Both focus on being able to scale product, build and grow a team.
- Significantly grow usage and engagement of your own area
- Collaborate with, support, and motivate their team to plan and build the solutions to customer problems.
- Add value to the user by surfacing real problems and improving the user’s workflow as a developer.
- Gather customer feedback to validate priorities, improve documentation, and define product requirements.
- Make sure the development team for your product area is working on the most impactful things.
- Maintain a roadmap, backlog, and curate and solicit feedback for the product area.
- Communicate product ideas clearly by focusing on the problems that are being solved, the outcomes, and how we will measure success.
- Be transparent in your internal and external communication. The company is open source, so most discussions are public or in channels where you communicate directly with our customer
- This is a very technical role and requires software engineering experience to effectively communicate with engineers and make educated decisions affecting product scope and performance at scale
- 4+ years working as a product manager
- Strong understanding of Git and Git workflows
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, technical writing ability, and use of data to back up your arguments
- Ability to stay focused on goals and strategically prioritize work
- Deep passion for developer tools and productivity enhancements
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to drive and influence product strategy across engineering, design, and distribution