Our Client is the world's largest generator of renewable energy from the wind and sun and a world leader in battery storage. They provide energy-related products and services that grow the economy, protect the environment, support communities, and help customers meet their energy needs. They are leading the decarbonization of the U.S. economy with the goal to reach Real Zero carbon emissions from their operations by 2045 while improving customer affordability and reliability. If you are interested in creating a cleaner environment for future generations, join their world-class, innovative team today.
In this role, you will be responsible for late-stage greenfield development in the West/Central regions of the country. This role has three primary responsibilities
- lead the negotiation of definitive project agreements (ie Power Purchase Agreements (PPA), land leases, crossing agreements, PILOT agreements, etc…)
- obtain all project-level non-discretionary permits (ie Planning and Zoning, environmental, road-use, etc…),
- develop presentation and present to senior Management seeking project capital approval
In this role, you will interface consistently and effectively with numerous subject matter experts (SMEs), including but not limited to engineering & construction, environmental, commercial legal, real estate legal, tax, accounting, and origination.
Travel for this role will fluctuate, while travel is expected ~40% of the time, actual travel is dependent on the requirements of the department and project needs. Practical experience in solar project development, including real estate acquisition, land and title matters, permitting, interconnection, community outreach, and PPA negotiations is required for this role. To do this job well, you must be a team player that can balance priorities, be very well organized with deadlines, activities, and requirements, and communicate effectively within the DG team, numerous internal subject matter experts, external consultants, customers, and internal management.
The position will be based either remotely or in their San Francisco office.
Employees in this role develop and execute plans for new and enhanced generation projects. This job is responsible for resource allocation, schedules, cost, and technical adequacy, ensuring the project or transaction is completed in the most cost-effective and competitive manner. This position manages all aspects of the business deal and ensures the project is completed on time and within budgetary constraints.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages all aspects of the day-to-day transaction process to ensure timely completion as well as a cost-effective and competitive result
- Leads and coordinates key functions such as financial feasibility analyses, engineering/design, project legal review, permitting activities, and financial negotiations
- Responsible for managing multiple and complex projects
- Coordinates due diligence activities with other internal groups to ensure proper analysis and structuring of assigned projects
- Acts as liaison between internal and external specialists regarding procurement, contracting, permitting and interconnection
- Constructs contractual arrangements for project development
- Negotiates agreements with consultants and subcontractors
- Ensures compliance with applicable technical and regulatory requirements
- Fosters external relationships with customers, third parties and members of the community
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad/GED
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Experience
- Experience in California Independent System Operator (CAISO) Markets AND/OR NYISO/New England ISO Markets
- Experience: 5+ years