Senior Python Engineer - Data Tooling
Our client needs to quickly on-board new datasets in a repeatable and robust way. The tools team is responsible for the software to make that possible and you will develop the tools to enable the massive scaling of data pipelines. As a senior engineer on the team, your role will be develop tooling, provide technical oversight and work with product to set priorities.
You should have a strong grounding in good software engineering principles, experience writing code in an enterprise setting and a deep knowledge of python.
- Contribute to the architecture, design and development of our Python data workflow management platform
- Design and develop tools to wrangle datasets of small and large volumes of data into cleaned, normalized, and enriched datasets
- Work with the product group and data engineering to develop new functionality
- 5+ years of full-time software development experience in a professional, production environment
- Expert in OO Python and experience with pandas and numpy.
- Data skills: RDBMS SQL and NOSQL, structured and unstructured data, BigQuery
- Proficiency in Jupyter, C24; familiarity with ETL, CDC, and workflow tools
- Big data and cloud processing experience, e.g. HDFS, Spark
- Experience working in a cloud-based environment, such as GCP or the AWS