About the Team:
Machine Learning Group - a group of specialists, researchers and software engineers who have a passion for solving complex problems. On the Pattern Recognition team, we are building machine learning models for predicting the impact of news stories on company prices, unique recommendation systems and various other problems involving text and time series.
You're a research scientist and engineer who wants to apply machine learning to solve challenging problems. You want to be part of a small team making a big impact and are not afraid to get your hands dirty in data.
About the role:
- Study and analyze problems, propose solutions and design experiments
- Design and build systems that solve difficult problems involving text and time series data
- Use the company's unique data to build novel prediction models
- Write, test and maintain production-quality C++ and Python code
- Publish research findings in leading academic venues and represent the company at industry conferences
- A PhD in Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision or equivalent experience
- 3- 5 years of experience programming in C++
- Multiple publications in top-tier conferences or journals in NLP or ML
- Experience programming in Python or Java
A mathematical background (Probability and Statistics)
A working knowledge of DNNs, preferred
A working knowledge of Spark, preferred
Experience with training models on time series data
An interest in finance is a plus!
This position pays $175- $300,000+ bonus and benefits (based on experience)