Our client is a Series B startup who have recently raised $34 million in funding.
They have partnered with 500 universities and 250,000 companies to help over 8 million students find jobs and build meaningful careers.
Our client is building a diverse team of dynamic engineers who value creating a high quality, high impact product. They are looking for Senior Ruby Engineer who is excellent generalists and have a strong focus on product development. You'll be working on small, multi-functional teams with other engineers, designers, and product managers.
Your job will include:
- Working with the Product Team and Designers to build an engaging and viral student experience on both mobile and web for over 3 million of students across the country.
- Working on one or more of the three sides of our marketplace to build high-value, robust premium features for companies ranging from Fortune 500 to Mom-and-Pop companies.
- Developing and deploying large-scale web applications safely and reliably.
- Solving challenging and unique problems with our dynamic three-sided marketplace: Students, Employers, and School Administrators.
- You have 3+ years of experience in building consumer-facing web applications in a dynamic development environment.
- You love to build high-quality web products.
- You have experience working in distributed, performant, at-scale backend systems.
- You are interested in the 'Full Stack' but have passion and knowledge in one or more areas of the web stack.
- You appreciate good design and friendly user-experiences.
- You are proud of your craft, and enjoy and value clean code that scales to keep large teams productive.
Technologies you'll work with:
- Ruby on Rails
- React, TypeScript, Webpack, Redux
- Kubernetes, GCP, PostgreSQL, Redis, ElasticSearch
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies.
- Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, sports, game nights, book clubs.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities for you to grow your skills and career.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!