A Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer is being sought be a London based Company that aggregates data for a market worth over £171billion in the UK.
The Company is well funded and the next step is to bring development of their product inhouse, which will lead to the successful candidate building a team in the future.
Overall success for the Company is building a great data business that helps to make the UK the easiest place in the world for companies to do business with the public sector.
Role and Responsibilities
The role will start with getting to grips with, and owning the existing code-base, followed by developing new features for the product; specifically:
- Building new features for the development of data acquisition, analysis and reporting on the platform
- Working alongside outsourced engineers - team of 3
- Fast paced, startup environment, which means no two days will be the same
- You will be coding, testing, bug fixing, and working on the system architecture and design as it scales
- You will be the first in-house Engineer, and will key in building the in-house team
- Technical leadership, means you will need to be very committed to the cause!
- 3+ Years Ruby onRails experience
- SQL, particularly PostgreSQL
- RESTful API's
- Test Driven Development with RSpec in agile environment
- Experience with large, complex codebases – and how to keep them maintainable
Bonus Points for
- Experience with optimisation of complex SQL queries
- Implementing responsive design
- Some knowledge of MySQL and PHP (we have a legacy system that needs infrequent maintenance)
Salary is negotiable, but between £70-90k for the right person.