A growing Financial Platform Team is looking for polyglot Software (Scala) Engineers with a passion for writing reusable libraries, frameworks and services that will be consumed by the entire Earnest engineering team.
My client are building a generation financial technology company disrupting consumer lending. They are quickly growing a team of math nerds, designers, computer geeks and relentless innovators going after a huge market by creating a company built on flawless design, powerful software advanced data science and an incredible client experience.
The team is made up of people who are both inspired innovators and results driven -- individuals who are prepared to roll up their sleeves, to challenge the status quo, to venture far beyond what's comfortable, and who are able to fail and get back up again.
What we can offer you:
The most important thing we offer is the chance to be part of building a better bank. That said, we also offer lots of perks and benefits to keep you comfortable at work:
You will be part of a high performing team that values continuous deployment, automated testing, and lean software development.
You will find value in code reviews, pair programming and paying down technical debt. Every day you will deploy code and launch features with few internal bureaucratic barriers to get closer to a vision of a better, more just bank. My client values diversity of perspective, and evaluate ideas on merits.
Skills & Requirements
- 3+ years of functional programming experience (our core language is Scala)
- You love to prove the correctness of your software via property-based testing
- Deep understanding of testing strategies for continuous deployment
- Deep understanding of API design patterns
- You believe in declarative schemas, structured data, and API contracts
- You are a self-starter. You would rather prototype a solution than do a lot of upfront design
- You have a strong understanding of how authorization/authentication, monitoring and scalability pertain to API development
- You have experience with relational databases such as PostgreSQL, Oracle or SQL Server
- Experience with Docker
Bonus Points For:
- Experience with performance testing tools such as Gatling
- Operations experience
- Lean/Kanban experience
- Experience with libraries such as Scalaz/Cats and Shapeless
- Interest in category theory
- Interest in append only persistence models
Salaries of up to $200,000k on offer. To find out more please let me know