Do you want to change the world of eCommerce and create a cleaner way to shop online?
I am partnered with a well-funded, already-profitable climate-tech startup, based out of SF. With over 10,000 paying brand partners, growing daily, and a rapidly growing user base in the thousands, and hundreds of 5* reviews, they have hit the nail on the head for modern, conscious consumers.
2022 is going to be another huge year for growth, we're looking to triple the team, add a big series A, and the founders both made the Forbes 30 under 30 list for 2021!
They have two products:
For Businesses: A Shopify app, BigCommerce app, and e-commerce API that any merchant can install into their online store to give their customers the opportunity to make their orders carbon neutral
For Consumers: A Chrome extension that calculates and offsets the carbon footprint of online orders at over 10,000 brand partners at no cost to the user whatsoever
I am looking for a passionate, dedicated Senior/Staff Frontend Engineer to scale this product to the moon! We just hired a new Director of Engineering who is looking for someone to take over the frontend workload; create new features, work on scalability, performance, and everything UI/UX.
What You'll Do:
- Lead the Frontend Engineers, responsible for managing, coaching, and supporting our engineering team of 3 (and growing)
- A member of the leadership team and working collaboratively and directly with the Founders (CEO and COO) and Director of Engineering on strategizing and executing the product roadmap
- Putting together best-practice processes for the entire team that enable us to scale fast, but thoughtfully
- Working cross-functionally with marketing and sales to develop tools that enable growth at a solid pace
- Collaborating with UX designer(s) to build a flawless product
We are looking for:
- 5+ years of Frontend or Full-Stack development experience in a startup environment (ideal)
- A scrappy, action-biased, data-driven individual that can build processes to leverage the teams’ superpowers
- Someone who can take ownership and solve complex problems quickly and efficiently
- Obsession with UI/UX when creating applications and pays great attention to detail when developing features
- An individual who is knowledgeable about modern browser technologies and their idiosyncrasies
- Experience integrating with complex API backends
The Stack: React, Python/Django, Gatsby.js, GraphQL, PostgreSQL
- Competitive base salary
- Significant early-stage equity - up to 0.5% (valuation above $30m pre-Series A)
- Amazing benefits package
- Save the planet!
Come and work in the awesome San Francisco office, or this can be a fully-remote position anywhere in the US, or Canada - You choose :)
Unfortunately, there is no availability for visa transfers. Only USC, Green Card, TN.