Our client are looking for a backend software engineer with Golang, Google Cloud Platform, and NoSQL. They offer an end-to-end advertising solution for digital video. They leverage modern technologies like Google Cloud and Go, along with tasteful use of cryptography and statistics, to deliver a solid platform in an industry where solid platforms are hard to find.
The team members have diverse technical backgrounds and come from companies including Google, Uber, and Docker; the CTO was on the founding team for Zynga. Engineers are trusted to operate with the goals of the company in mind rather than narrow tasks, including designing changes, proposing new solutions, and eliminating technical debt.
What they are looking for
- You have at least 3-5 years experience as a developer, with strong Go (Golang or similar language)
- Knowledge and hands on experience with Github and Linux.
- Deep understanding of design patterns, software development methodologies and principles.
- You have experience developing protobuf and JSON-based api endpoints.
- Strong understanding of cloud infrastructure and cloud computing concepts, especially on Google Cloud Platform
- A bonus if you have experience building on GCP.
- You're passionate about close collaboration with design, product, and marketing to craft the best experience possible throughout the entire customer journey.
- And we love a self-starter who understands when to run solo vs when to pull in leads or the rest of the team.
Experience that would be great for you to have (or you'd be excited about acquiring)
- React, Redux and some knowledge of FE frameworks in general
- Google's Firebase, particularly Firestore, NoSQL
- Google's GCP Suite (Getting a sense of our DevOps yet?)
- web3.js, solidity
- Mastery of async js, promise chains, fat arrows and juggling scope
- Working knowledge of the latest CSS3 standards, primarily CSS Grid and variables/mixins
Current stack: Ethereum (blockchain), Go, Google Cloud (especially App Engine, Stackdriver, BigTable, BigQuery, Cloud Functions and Firestore)
- No Visa Transfers.
- Heavy Compensation+Full Benefits+ Equity
- Remote, Based in NYC