AI has the power to transform every aspect of our lives, would you like to be involved in building a platform that will accelerate the development of this future? Come and join a company who's vision is to become the default software for Data Scientists to be able to manage data and train neural networks.
The company builds software that is used to create ML/AI training data. ML/AI is becoming more and more prevalent in our daily lives. Not only is it providing companies with a competitive advantage now, but it will become table stakes in the future. And the better the quality of the training data, that's used to build the ML models, the better the results.
We are working in partnership with this Series B start-up that is backed by top tier VC's; A16Z, Kleiner Perkins, Gradient Ventures (Google's AI fund), First Round Capital. The company is based in San Francisco, partial or full remote work can be considered.
A Senior/Staff Backend Engineer is required to build component driven applications, and architect large single page applications.
As a Backend software Engineer, you will have considerable autonomy in your domain. You will be responsible for building the infrastructure that will help us scale to support the growth in data, users and requests. You should be comfortable building services from scratch and contributing to existing codebases. Additionally, you will be working on:
- Designing and building out our next generation backend infrastructure
- Leading technical efforts and collaborating with design and product on projects
- Optimizing and scaling new and existing infrastructure systems
- Mentoring other engineers contributing in your area of expertise
- 5+ years of experience developing backend services for web applications in a production environment
- Well-versed in any statically-typed object-oriented language (Java, Golang, C++)
- Experience with modern scalable database systems
- Familiarity with Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with RabbitMQ (or other message broker), Redis, or Elasticsearch
- Experience monitoring and constructing ETL pipelines