I am partnered with one of the largest traders of gas and power in the country! With a global presence, they provide asset management & optimization services to owners of generation and energy storage in North America, and abroad. They are driven by a fundamentals-based approach leveraging gas network and supply/demand models to inform market views for trading opportunities.
We are looking for a Software Developer to join their growing team. This position is a hands-on role responsible for developing, supporting, and maintaining a trading, and analytics platform supported by APIs, applications, and visualization tools.
- Work directly with Commercial Trading teams to implement and optimize pricing & risk quantification models for power & natural gas products, power congestion contracts, load positions, and other derivatives transactions in a systematic analytical framework
- Develop cloud-native solutions to promote integration within the IT framework across various North American commodity markets, including energy, capacity, ancillary services and power & gas basis markets in the major ISO regions (PJM, CAISO, NYISO, MISO, SPP, ISO-NE, ERCOT, IESO, AESO)
- Develop software to support commercial activity across key market drivers (supply vs demand, power & gas transmission and storage, weather, cross-commodity correlations, etc.)
- 7+ years of professional programming experience (is preferred).
- Advanced Python or Java experience with understanding of object-oriented programming concepts.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Computer Science or related field of study.
- Experience working in a front office, supporting a quantitative analytics environment required.
- Experience with commodities and power markets is a huge plus
- Experience working in modern cloud-based environment utilizing DevOps framework tools. Familiarity with Microsoft Azure tools is a plus
- Working knowledge in Un*x and Windows environments.
- Experience using traditional and cloud-based database systems - Relational SQL and NoSQL
- Ability to communicate and interact with a wide range of users ranging from very technical to non-technical.
- Results-oriented team player, with the ability to handle a rapidly changing set of projects and priorities while maintaining a strong professional presence.
- Strong analytical skillset with demonstrated attention to detail.
- The candidate should be passionate about technology, staying current with trends.
- Fast learner with the ability to adapt quickly and work in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Snowflake, SQL Server, Azure Blob, Data Lake experience.
- Experience with DevOps practices, including CI/CD, and infrastructure-as-code.
- Experience with the following technologies: Git, Containers (Docker), Kubernetes, Microservices, shell scripting, messaging bus.
- Experience in, R, Matlab, C++, or comparable programming environment using modern data structures, analysis, and visualization tools (Pandas, NumPy, Scikit-learn, Highcharts, etc.)