Our client is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join their growing engineering team in Baltimore, MD! They are an industry-leading investment firm that focuses on delivering global investment management and retirement services that investors can rely on now, and in the future.
You will be part of a highly effective engineering team, responsible for building advanced data products on, and contributing to, the Analytics & Data Platform. You will have the opportunity to work alongside both technical and business stakeholders in defining requirements, strategy, and, ultimately, implementation of business-critical systems. You will work in an environment that encourages creativity, innovation, and state-of-the-art principles, practices, and technologies.
You will be responsible for:
- Practicing disciplined software engineering (domain analysis, software design, automated testing, code reviews, and writing great, pragmatic code)
- Helping with building and maintaining high-quality, operationally ready, state-of-the-art systems
- Mentoring and assisting team members
- Own the delivery of complex capabilities end to end.
Required skills and expertise:
- 5+ years coding experience ( Java / Python preferred )
- Demonstrable experience with up-to-date language features (e.g., Streams/RX, Pandas, Numpy)
- Knowledge of static and scripting languages
- Experience f working with distributed systems
- Good understanding of the cloud (preferably AWS)
- Experience with Databases (SQL / NoSQL)